Thursday, April 8, 2010

T-Shirt of the Day: Bodie is my favorite Haunt!

Bodie California. It's my favorite haunt. Great T-shirt with a cool western look, for Bodie, CA the authentic abandoned ghost town in the old west. Grab a sarsaparilla while you are there. UPDATE: I visited Bodie and you so cannot grab a sarsaparilla when you are there. It is however a really fascinating place where time is standing still and has great opportunities for taking photos. Wear layers it was freezing when I went last fall.

If you are seriously craving a sarsaparilla or maybe some root beer try Virginia City. Anyplace with a place called Bucket of Blood saloon can’t be all that authentic. Or you may want to check out the Calico ghost town but I’ve never been to that one so I can’t vouch for it’s authenticity and sarsaparilla availability. I did however visit the ranch where they filmed Bonanza when I was a kid. Though I have never actually seen an episode of Bonanza. I was too busy watching Highway to Heaven.



Bonus Bodie Video

Learn about Bodie here. Then go buy the shirt! Get the Bodie fever.



Bonus Bodie Video from a cat’s POV



I didn’t see this cat when I was there, but he was probably hiding somewhere warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment