Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Daily Tee presents: 80’s Comebacks!

Here is a totally random list of things that made a comeback in the 80s!


Gumby and Pokey
Charm Bracelets
The Beach Boys

Like it or not, Kokomo was actually their biggest hit. I think it was also named cheesiest song ever!
Troll Dolls
Skinny Ties
Ray Ban sunglasses

This trend also launched a thousand knockoffs. I think I used to have a checkered pair when I was 10. I am not ashamed, in fact I want them back!
Roy Orbison
You Got It now stuck in your head.
Converse All Star Sneakers
The Ford Mustang

Wait what? You were satisfied with the Mustang II?
Donnie Osmond
Before there was Sade’s soldier of Love thre was Donnie Osmond’s Soldier of Love. Just admit you totally remember this song!
The San Francisco 49ers
The song Stand By Me

As revisited in the classic movie of the same name.
The Monkees (yes those Monkees!)
Back in the 80’s Nickelodeon was just starting up and had no original programs. Before Doug, or Clarissa or Pete and Pete or even Double dare they showed approximately 2 things. Endless marathons of You Can’t Do That On Television and old reruns of the Monkees. From what I remember every episode of the Monkees was the same. The monkees were all running away from a guard at a movie studio, or a TV studio or something then they would do an impromptu concert at the end.

1 comment:

  1. The only thing on the list that I don't remember is the Donnie Osmond song:) Oh and I never watched Nik either. I think I still have a little Troll doll stuck away somewhere...

    ReplyDelete